Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (University of Papua New Guinea)
Admitted to practice as a lawyer in Papua New Guinea
Eunice graduated from the University of Papua New Guinea with a Bachelor in Laws (Hons) in 2011 and after completing her post-graduate legal training at the PNG Legal Training Institute, was admitted to practice as a lawyer in Papua New Guinea in November 2012. She has been working with Leahy Lewin Lowing Sullivan Lawyers since her admission. Eunice was made Associate in 2015, Senior Associate in January 2017 and Partner in July 2018.
Areas of Experience
Eunice specialises in civil litigation, with a particular focus on commercial litigation. Eunice also assists the other partners of the firm in the commercial law practice.
Eunice regularly appears as counsel in the District, National and Supreme Courts of Papua New Guinea. Eunice has experience in recovery actions and the defence of claims in all the courts of PNG and advises in the following areas:
- contractual disputes.
- creditor demands, liquidation of companies and insolvency proceedings.
- claims against the Government of PNG and state-owned entities.
- claims involving landowners in the Oil & Gas and Forestry sectors.
- claims in the building and construction industry.
- insurance claims.
- mortgagee recovery actions.
- claims relating to statutory duties.
- probate and Administration.
- employment disputes.
- dissolution of marriage & settlement of property, custody of children, protection orders and adoption.
- enforcement proceedings, including transnational enforcement.
- recovery of costs.
- negotiations and settlement of contractual and other commercial disputes.
- mediation of commercial and family disputes.
- international arbitration under the UNICITRAL Rules 2013.
- advice on civil practice and procedure in the Papua New Guinea court system.
- conducting appeals and reviews in the Supreme Court of Papua New Guinea.
- general advice on the laws of Papua New Guinea and the Papua New Guinea legal system.
In commercial practice, Eunice has assisted in drafting and provided advice in relation to conveyance of land, shareholders agreements, project agreements, incorporation of companies, businesses and associations, property law, Government submissions, contracts, and due diligence reports.
- Member and Councillor, Law Society of Papua New Guinea
- Board Member, City Pharmacy Limited
- Member & Committee Member, PNG Women Lawyers Association
- Co-founder & Member, Lawyers4Literacy Inc.
- Interim Executive Council Member, Roger Hau’ofa Kidney Foundation