F: +675 321 3631
M (PNG): +675 7027 0308
Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (University of Papua New Guinea)
Admitted to practice as a lawyer in Papua New Guinea in 2017
Vanessa is in her fourth year of practice and has been working with Leahy Lewin Lowing Sullivan Lawyers since April 2017.
Areas of Experience
Vanessa has assisted the Partners and lawyers in the area of commercial practice and commercial litigation and regularly appears in the National Court of Papua New Guinea.
Vanessa has experience in the following matters
In commercial practice:
- Corporate matters, i.e, incorporation of companies, associations and other entities; applying for TIN; Share transfers; Amalgamation and acquisition of shares.
- Assisting in carrying out due diligence and acquisition of company assets for an overseas company.
- Contract reviews and compliance
- Negotiations and settlement of contractual and commercial disputes
In commercial litigation:
- Recovery of costs.
- Creditor demands and liquidation proceedings
- Claims relating to contractual and commercial disputes and statutory duties
- Employment disputes. Calculating final entitlements for employees of European Union Delegation to PNG; Japanese Embassy, Embassy of France, as well as other corporate and individual clients.
- Custody and maintenance of children, dissolution of marriage, mediation of family disputes.
- Police matters.
- Assisting the Partners in mediation of commercial matters
- Assisting the Partners and lawyers with Appeals and Reviews in the National and Supreme Courts
- Assisting the Partners as PNG counsel for a local Agriculture Company in a K6 million debt recovery claim commenced in Malaysia;
- General advice on PNG Law
- Member, Law Society of Papua New Guinea
- Member, PNG Women Lawyers Association